Published on July 14th, 2014 | by Mehedi Khan
3 Important Sources to Collect the Information for Writing an Outstanding Report
Report is a very familiar thing that every manager has to write it frequently or occasionally. There are many types of report like monthly report, seller report, market report, reports to the board, research report etc. A memo is sometimes considered as short form of report. Writing report is like explaining something in a short way. For writing an outstanding report we need to collect the information. The three important sources are below-
1. Information from the internal sources of the organization: Usually many information is available inside of the organization. When you are collecting information regarding the internal issues, you just need to bring them up. Check the list below-
* Organizations own sales resources.
* Newsletters, magazines
* Product brochures, magazine.
* Monthly reports, quarterly reports
* Reports and other information made by other departments.
2. Publicly available information: After you have all the information you got internally you can look ahead to collect information from the outside of the organization.
* Books and publications
* From internet (Google and other search engines, social media, many blogs and relative websites etc.)
* Directories or market research reports
* Business and trade research report.
* Newspapers, magazines and press release
* Many publications and report from many Government departments.
* Competitors catalogs, brochures, sales literature and annual report.
3. By talking with the people: You can collect this information from both inside and outside. You can conduct surveys; talk with peoples to get the information. Some points are below-
* Customers (survey them on phone, internet or face to face)
* Experts from both inside and outside of the organization. You can have more specialist information from them.
* From suppliers you can have more information like costing and availability of materials and many more.