Published on October 27th, 2013 | by Mehedi Khan3
Mobile Technology in Business Communication
It has made a revolution in the arena of communication and providing useful means to communicate anywhere supported by the network. Such technology has brought the below value-added services:
1. Voice-mail: It is one of the popular services provided by the mobile operator. It requires a user to create a mailbox as per the procedure of the operator. When the user is out of network or remains busy, he can divert all incoming calls to a voice mailbox. As a result, the caller can drop a message in terms of voice and user can listen to such voice by accessing to the mailbox. The user can also add voice notation to inform his present status to the caller. It helps both the users and caller to stay close.
2. Voice SMS: It is a modern service available through mobile technology. Sender encodes his voice and sends to the receiver to wish and greet with a nice compliment. Voice SMS helps to forward emotion like a written letter. e.g. I Bubble of Bangladesh.
3. Text SMS: It is very easy to send text SMS to a mobile and state greeting and wish instantly through letters and words. Same text SMS can be given to more than one person once at a time and therefore time and distance barriers can be removed easily. It is very easy to express feelings through text SMS like :
→Call u later, bcz im bz
[Original message: call you later, because I am busy]
[Original message: See you tomorrow]
4. Web Browsing: Mobile technology is providing web browsing facility and therefore a user requires a handset which is WAP, GPRS OR EDGE compatible and available support from the mobile operator. Web browsing allows exploring different websites and facilitates download of games, images, theme, music files, video clips and entertainment items very easily.
5. Welcome Tune: In welcome tune, when a caller makes a call to a party, he can listen to music, rhyme or special voice instead of ringing sound. This is an entertainment for the caller and therefore a mobile user needs to subscribe to such service and purchase various tunes of his choice to delight any caller.
6. Music Gift: A mobile user can purchase a song or rhyme and can send to his near and dear one as a gift wishes for a special occasion. This gift carries emotional touch when receiver listens to the gift.
Push-Pull service: In our daily life, we need a lot of utility services and therefore push-pull service is one of the means to meet our demand. We need some emergency numbers for the fire brigade, ambulance, hospitals and we also need health tips, beauty tips or cooking tips for which a mobile user need to send an SMS only to a dedicated port and that port will reply as per request. For example: to seek for fire help, one has to write “FIRE” from the SMS option and send to a port only and the port will reply with some numbers of the fire brigade within few seconds. Push-pull service has made our life simple reducing time and cost to avail any desired service.